Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Grilled Broccolini

What, two posts in two days, what is going on here? No I didn't get laid off, I just found myself with a weekend at home and extra time to cook. The weather this weekend was perfect, bright, sunny, not too hot, not humid, perfect outdoor weather, perfect grilling weather. 

Lately I've seen a lot of articles about how "you can grill anything, even eggs and macaroni and cheese" - I'm not that adventurous, but I did want to try something new and this little bundle of baby broccoli was the perfect thing because it was so so so so so good.

First I blanched the broccolini in boiling water for 30 seconds and then immediately submerged it them in an ice bath to halt the cooking. I think tossed with olive oil and salt and pepper. That's it, then we threw them in a grill basket and put them on the grill until they were slightly charred. So really, you have no excuse, get on this shit.

Rating = So Damn Good

No comments: