Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Truckin'...

I'm truckin' in more ways than one. It's move time. Pack up your shit and make an ungodly amount of trips to and fro time. Put it all in a box wrapped in newspaper, only to unwrap it and take it out of the box the next day time.

Yes, it's the big move this weekend for me and dear cb. It's been a long time coming and we are more than thrilled to move to our new home. This does mean however that I will have to put a hold on all food posts because there will not be a pan nor pot that is not packed away awaiting burly men to carry it to a new home.

Moving sucks. It sucks enough to make you drink, so that is what all my posts will be about until I can unpack my crap and get it all into working order. So without further ado...I present Red Truck, apropos don't you think?

I visited Cline Vineyards while in Sonoma this fall and it was a wonderful little place with great people running the show. They offer a variety of reds and whites. CB has been drinking Red Truck for years, and you can get it in almost every local wine and liquor store. It's a blend, of Syrah, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Franc, Grenache and Mourvedre. It's "medium-bodied and delicious flavors of dark berries, licorice and chocolate with smooth tannins." It pairs well with pizza and tomato based dishes...and considering I don't have any dishes, it pairs well with a powerbar.

CHEERS!

1 comment:

Alanna Kellogg said...

HI JB - welcome to the food blog world! Your first posts are great! Be careful: it's addictive! But the welcoming community makes it worthwhile! Alanna