Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Blueberry Muffins with Cinnamon Crumble

Mmmm. Nothing says lovin' like blueberry muffins hot from the oven. When CB came home these were still in the oven and had about 2 minutes left to cook. I pried open the oven door a smidge and called him over with psst psst, and a wave of my hand. He peered inside the oven and breathed oohh. That ladies and gentleman is why I bake.

I am however a little scared of baking after watching Ina Garten Chefology on the food network last night. Ina used to be skinny, and then, she learned how to bake. And now, we all know, she ain't so skinny anymore. Before exposing too much personal information, let me just say I don't run an hour and a half everyday because I like to play the, let's see how many cars narrowly miss me because they want to run a red light while I have a walk sign, game. Although part cathartic and most definitely stress relieving, I run because I really like fitting into pants without elastic waistbands. So, because CB has the metabolism of Kenyan marathon runner, and I actually am a marathon runner and have a metabolism stuck in neutral, I am forced to created delicious and oh so scrumptious creations in which CB can indulge and I can smell and dream about eating.

I ripped this recipe off of All Recipes, it was posted by Colleen, who gave no last name. Thank you Colleen with no last name. They are amazing.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.


No comments: