Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Jesus Promise aka "What Are You Giving Up for Lent?"

So last year I gave up chocolate for lent, it was tough, but most definitely do-able.

Well, it seems that this year the gastroenterologist has pretty much taken the goodness out of my life for four weeks of the Lenten period anyway, so this year will be even tougher than last year because not only do I have my Jesus Promise to contend with, I have the uber strict diet from the gastroenteroligist.

This year my Jesus promise is "NO PEANUT BUTTER". For those of you who don't know me. This is fucking huge. I eat peanut butter everyday, I'm not kidding here, everyday. In the morning before my run I have a tablespoon of peanut butter. At night before yoga I eat another tablespoon of peanut butter. There is not a day that goes by that I do not ingest peanut butter directly from the jar on a spoon and then into my mouth. I repeat, this is huge.

But I like giving something up, it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something, no matter how small or remote.

CB gave up desserts, all desserts. This too is huge because he eats dessert everyday. After dinner, everynight he has some sort of sweet, be it a cookie or ice cream, or a piece of chocolate. He has something, so this is definitely a hard give-up for him.

We'll see how it goes. 9 hours down 39 days and 15 hours to go.

2 comments:

Patricia Scarpin said...

You guys are my idols. Seriously, I'm not that strong.

Unknown said...

Good luck!