Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baked Vegetarian Fritatta

I don't have a recipe for this particular dish. I threw it together because I had a lot of veggies hanging around and we had company coming over for brunch. Brunch of all things. I can cook appetizers, dinner, dessert no problem, but brunch nearly handicapped me. I had no idea what to make. I peeked around a few websites, read some quiche recipes, read some fritatta recipes, read some omelet recipes and then just sort of had at it. And you know what? It was awesome. Really awesome. I didn't write down notes when I was cooking, but this is about what I used and what I did with it.

10 eggs beaten
1/4 C milk
1/2 onion chopped
1 red pepper copped
1lb asparagus blanched then cut into 1-inch pieces
a couple handfuls of baby spinach
1/4 C fat free feta cheese
1/2 C fresh flat leaf parsley chopped

I sauteed the onion and pepper until everything was a little soft, but still had firmness too it. I then added the asparagus and spinach and just cooked until the spinach had wilted.

Add the milk to the eggs and beat until incorporated. Add parsley to the egg mixture. Add vegetables to the egg mixture.

Season egg mixture with salt and pepper if you want.

Pour into a glass 9-inch square baking dish.

Now here's the thing, I can't remember what I cooked it at, but I think it was 350 degrees and it took 45 minutes to cook. I think if you put it in the oven at 350 and watched it after 30 minutes you'd be fine.

This made a lot. It was probably 7 good servings.

Rating = So Damn Good

No comments: