Tuesday, March 03, 2009

More here and there....but mostly there

So. I'll be MIA for about a week or so. I've got some traveling to do for work, and then I'll be taking some much much much (insert about 700 muches here) time off to do a little relaxing - and I won't be cookin while I'm all realxingandshit. So check back in a little over a week.

But in the meantime if you need something to make, this recipe looks awesome. I haven't even tried it yet, it was emailed to me from Vegetarian Times this afternoon. If you do make it over the next week, pretty please, be a good girl or boy and let me know how you liked it.

Peanut Butter-Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips | Vegetarian Times
Serves 8

1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup light brown sugar or raw sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 medium bananas, mashed
1/3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 large egg
2 Tbs. canola oil
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F. Coat standard loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.

Whisk together mashed bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, egg and oil. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool on rack 15 minutes before unmolding. Cool completely, then slice and serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I tried making this, and it didn't turn out too well. I subbed a couple things (made it gluten free, vegan...but substitutions I'm familiar with) I thought maybe I was having a problem with my oven, because after 40 minutes at 300, the mixture was barely firm at all! I ended up cranking the heat, and what came out was crumbly, but tasted great. So I think it is my fault. Did anyone else try the recipe?

Anonymous said...

Katie, I tried it but it was too loose as well even after cooking it longer, it was quite gooey (I think i probably put too much banana in) and more cakelike. it tasted great, so we had it for dessert warm with icecream! I was curious if it had enough flour.