Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Shrimp CousCous Salad | Oh Yeah

This recipe was a complete pantry have at it. I didn't want to go to the grocery store, and CB didn't want another tuna melt so I took everything I had on hand and threw it into this dish. It was awesome. Here is what I did.

I took a pound of raw peeled shrimp and marinated it in a mixture of olive oil and canola oil with the zest and juice of a big lime and a big handful of chopped cilantro. I let the shrimp marinate in that for about 20 minutes and then I grilled them on high heat on both sides until just starting to curl.

For the couscous I used Israeli couscous from Trader Joe's and prepared it according to the package. While the couscous was cooking I diced up a green pepper, orange pepper, and half a red onion. In a separate bowl I combine a little canola oil, salt and pepper, the juice and zest from another lime and a big handful of chopped cilantro. When the couscous was done I combined everything together, the chopped veggies, couscous and shrimp and poured the oil/cilantro mixture over the top and tossed to combine. It was AWESOME! This is my new favorite BBQ side dish - move over pasta salad this one's a keeper.

And - on another note. I was shocked, shocked that Lil' Kim was kicked off of Dancing with the Stars last night, but CB is happy because he hated watching her dance because she makes funny faces with her mouth. At least now I don't have to hear him yell..."Ugh, your damn mouth" every time we watch the show.

Happy Belated Cinco de Mayo Bitches. I've got a great guacamole recipe I'll be making for y'all this weekend. Sorry, my timings a bit off, you know, with being a slave to the man everyday at work.

Rating = So Damn Good (aka, make it and put it in yo pie hole)

No comments: