Thursday, December 03, 2009

Cranberry Rosemary Goat Cheese Log


Look, I'm just going to say it. I cannot poop if someone is in the stall next to me. I can't do it. I'm not embarrassed that I poop, I even tell people how much I poop (two times today if you must know) but when it comes to pooping at work I just can't do it if someone is in the bathroom with me. I can't tell you how many times I've gone into the women's bathroom, looked under all the stall doors, given myself the "all clear" gotten settled in the stall and then had someone come into the bathroom. And, it's never someone who is quick in the bathroom, its someone who sits on the toilet, literally drips dry before they wipe, has an ensemble that needs five minutes to get tucked back in, sings the happy birthday song while washing their hands (have to kill all those germs especially during flu season) then proceeds to pick their teeth or do all manners of personal sprucing, meanwhile I'm pushing back a freaking turtle head. Why is it that it always happens like this. When I go to the bathroom and the person in the stall next to me is obviously having a moment and waiting for my exit, I speedy the hell up and get out of dodge so they can finish their business. Why is this not a known courtesy?



Speaking of logs, Trader Joe's is selling these great goat cheese logs rolled in dried cranberries. The log is fine the way it is, but we've had such a mild fall that my rosemary plant is still going gangbusters so when I was asked to bring an appetizer to my friends house I bought the log and then took the fresh rosemary and chopped it up then rolled the log in the fresh cut rosemary. This was a huge hit. It looks so great at this time of year with the green and white. Just a quick appetizer if you need one for an upcoming event. I served it with Melba toasts, and there was not one morsel left at the end of the night.


Rating = Damn Good

5 comments:

Brenna said...

Eat enough of that log and you won't have to worry about pooping for at least a few days.

JB said...

You sound like my grandmother..."keep eating that cheese and you'll be bound up tighter than a drum."....

Kate B said...

We could have a whole series of blog posts on bathroom etiquette!

Anonymous said...

What type of conversation is that for a food blog? Too bad--I liked your blog until now.

JB said...

And another anonymous reader leaves a comment...shocking.