Monday, January 10, 2011

Creamy Corn Chipotle Dip | WW 1 Point +

Creamy Chipolte Corn Dip

Just in time for the Pats game this weekend, an awesome, figure friendly dip. I made this the other night because I had a can of chipotle chilis in adobo opened from a recipe I had made the day before. This little number is so smoky and creamy, you'd never guess it was only 1 point. Serve with vegetable dippers and this is a seriously good thing to nosh on while the Patriots take on the Jets. Maybe I'll go all barefoot the day of the game in order to try and distract Rex Ryan. We all know about his foot fetish. I have to admit, I think Sanchez is hot though. 

Creamy Corn Chipotle Dip
3 Tbsp = 1 points plus

4 oz fat-free cream cheese   
2 item(s) canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded   
3 cup(s) frozen corn kernels, or fresh corn kernels*   
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice   
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin Seed
1/2 tsp table salt 

Place all ingredients in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade; 
pulse a few times, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and process until 
smooth. To store, spoon into a medium bowl, cover, and refrigerate for up 
to 3 days; return to room temperature before serving. Yields about 3 
tablespoons per serving.

I actually think this recipe is better the next day, so make ahead if you can.
I also stirred in a bit of chopped fresh cilantro to mine, I think it made it a bit better than the original recipe.

Rating - Damn Good

No comments: