Monday, February 07, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies | WW 1 Points Plus


Everyone needs a little guilt free snacking every once and a while, and these little cookies are just the ticket. Packed with a chocolate punch, they really satisfy, and at 1 points plus per - why not have a couple, seriously, you deserve it. 

I can't decide whether I like the new weight watchers as much as I like the old one, the weight definitely comes off slower, but you are given way more snacking options as fruits and vegetables are free, even bananas - oh, how I missed bananas on the old plan. 

So, new plan - you eat more, you lose weight slower, hey, I'm not getting in a bikini anytime soon, so I can take my time. Although one thing that sucks the big one on the new plan is that wine is twice as many points as on the old plan - like a stake through the heart that one was.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies | WW 1 Points Plus Value 

1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp table salt
1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
1/2 cup(s) dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup(s) sugar, granulated
1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
2 large egg white(s)
1/3 cup(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips, miniature
1 spray(s) cooking spray

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine
flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.

Beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until light and
fluffy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating well. Add cocoa and egg
whites, beating well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Stir
in chocolate minichips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 11⁄2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated
with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes
or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Yield: 40 cookies (serving size: 1 cookie). 

4 comments:

Brenna said...

Those look really good. But is it the kind of thing where one is 1 pt but 2 are three pts? I hate that bullshit. And I also hate the new plan because I can't do it in my head anymore, AND because things like light wheat bread which is basically air anyway went from 1 to 2 pts. I'll try these though, maybe I'll replace bread with cookies.

JB said...

brenna, i just checked and yep - two cookies are 3 points. so what i do is have a cookie with a sugar free hot cocoa with fat free whipped cream and the whole little package is only three points for the whole thing.

Kate B said...

Oooh - I have to try these!

Ariel said...

I just made these and they are actually amazing!!
thank you so muchhh!