Thursday, February 19, 2009

Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup | WW 0pts

I take the commuter rail to work, via north station. There is a bar in the commuter area so that should your train be late or for whatever reason you need a drink before you go home you can grab one there. When CB and I take the same train home together we meet at the entrance to the bar, same spot every time. Yesterday as I was waiting at the entrance I noticed that there was a woman on a bar stool who was either severely inebriated or doing a really good job of acting like she was. She was slurring her words a little...using her outside voice instead of her indoor voice...you know the tell tale signs. But, she pulled out a new one. A new sign to tell whether or not someone has had a bit too much to drink. She put her coat on, and as she was leaving...she stopped to say bye to a few friends she had made during the time her arse was warming the bar stool. It was at this point that one of the men she was talking to asked her what was wrong with her coat...I turned to look. The woman had put her coat on upside down. The coat had a hood, the hood draping across her bottom - possibly to serve as a toilet should she not make it to the potty as she stumbled home. She began to laugh, took off her coat and said to the men at the bar..."I'll see you again, I'm here all the time."

I bet you are crazy drunk upside down coat lady. I bet you are.

As my husband says...Good Times

Ok. Now, for zero points and no fat this soup is fanfuckingtastic. Yeah - I used the F word if you don't like it go tell it to the lady with her ass in her hood.

Slow Cooker Soup
Weight Watchers |0 pts

10 oz spinach
2 medium carrots chopped
2 medium celery ribbed chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 medium garlic clove minced
4 C vegetable broth
28 oz canned diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves
1 tbs dried basil
1tbs dried oregano
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Place all ingredients in slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 5 hours.

Remove bay leaves, stir and serve.

Rating = So Damn Good

No comments: