Monday, February 09, 2009

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies | ww 1pt

I got in an argument with a woman on the train this morning. I got on the commuter rail at 7:15. It was packed. Really packed. There was a group of four women sitting in two facing seats, the women were knitting. I couldn't move past the door of the train, it was just too busy, as it was, I had to lean on the door. I had my work bag with me; it's not an obscene size, but it fits my wallet, a couple magazines, my t-pass - it wouldn't fit a pair of shoes. Apparently while she was knitting - overly flailing her arms as she knit and purled her meaty elbow would hit my bag. The train was so busy I didn't notice, until she told me that my bag was hitting her arm.

Her: "You're bag is hitting my arm."
Me: "Are you upset about this ma'am"
Her: "Yes"
Me: "Well, I think you need to realize that this is a commuter rail, not a knitting club, and if you're girth weren't so zaftig you wouldn't be taking up room in the aisle with your fat elbow."

That shut her up, and made her put away her knitting too.

The lady beside me: "She is such a bitch!"
Me: "Yes, yes she is."

Ahh... the joys of public transportation. Always something.

Did you come here for recipes: Silly rabbit. You know in order to get to the recipe, you have to first read the rant.

Ok. These little pieces of heaven are amazing. Tiny, but packing a huge sweet chocolate satisfying treat. One serving is two cookies, and two is enough.

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies | WW 1 pt
Makes 24 Servings (2 cookies per serving)

Ingredients:
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp canola oil
1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 large egg white
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup)

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

In a medium bowl, cream together butter, oil and sugar. Add vanilla, salt and egg white; mix thoroughly to combine.

In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda; stir into batter. Add chocolate chips to batter; stir to distribute evenly throughout.


Drop rounded half-teaspoons of dough onto one or two large nonstick baking sheets, leaving a small amount of space between each cookie. Bake cookies until golden around edges, about 4 to 6 minutes; cool on a wire rack. Yields 2 cookies per serving.

Rating = So God Damn Good




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. I must be psychic since I bought chips this weekend at TJ's. Can't wait to try it in the next few days.

I'm with you on public transportation. Totally irks me when people put their bags on the next seat when subway is packed.

Allison said...

You are too funny! Your comment to the knitting lady was completely appropriate.