Thursday, June 04, 2009

Gnocchi with Summer Vegetables | Everyday Food

I love it when a you get a new food magazine in the mail and a recipe in it looks so good that you make it within a day of receiving the magazine. That is what happened with this recipe. It looked so simple and easy, I just had to make it right away. And it did not disappoint. It was so good. There were barely any left overs - just enough for CB to take some to work the next day for lunch, and I heard that it garnered an "ooh, where did you get that?" from his boss. So , I guess that's a vote of approval for this dish. Seriously. You have time to make this dish. If I have time, you have time. I'm so damn tired right now my face hurts, I don't know if I'm coming or going, and yesterday I realized I wore my underwear inside out all day. If I can make this, so can you.

Just a side note too, you guys are royally sucking balls on giving me vampire inspired cocktails for the True Blood premiere. Not a one has been suggested. Think people, it's next weekend.

Here is a link to the original recipe from Every Day Food
Gnocchi with Summer Vegetables - LINK

Rating = So Damn Good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's a few cocktail ideas. (BTW I love gnocchi so I'll have to try this recipe).

Black Widow Cocktail Recipe
3 parts vanilla vodka
1 part black anise-flavored liqueur (recommended: Sambuca)
1 part espresso
Black licorice, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients except the licorice with ice and shake to mix. Serve in a cocktail martini glass.

Vampire Kiss Martini Recipe
1 part vodka, chilled
1 part Champagne
1 part Chambord
Garnish with wax teeth/candy corn/blood orange slice
Pour vodka in a martini glass, top with Champagne and pour a little of the Chambord over the back of a spoon to make it float.

JB said...

Ok - I have everything on hand for the vampire kiss martini - that looks so good.

AlwaysJoy said...

We served these at our Halloween party last year

The Vampire cocktail is very similar to the Black Cat, the only difference being that the Vampire does not include cola. This is an excellent choice for a lowball drink that Halloween party guests will really enjoy. This drink is also known as Purple Haze.
Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz black raspberry liqueur
cranberry juice
Preparation:

Pour the vodka and black raspberry liqueur into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well.
Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.

stoned fox said...

I forgot you love this show - and that I don't have HBO anymore. What time/day is it on?

JB said...

Hals, it's on HBO Sunday night at 9:00 (a little different than the old Sunday night at 9:00 show huh?)