Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Guinness Banana Chocolate Chunk Bread | Oh Mama!

Sunday I saw a woman walking her dog. Sunday I saw a woman walking her dog with the leash in her right hand. Sunday I saw a woman walking her dog with the leash in her right hand and a bag of dog poo in her left hand. Sunday I saw a woman walking her dog with the leash in her right hand and a bag of dog poo in her left, she got an itch on her cheek. Sunday I saw a woman walking her dog with the leash in her right hand and a bag of dog poo in her left, she got an itch on her cheek, she scratched the itch with the LEFT HAND. Why would you bring a bag of poo up to your face and rub it across your cheek as you scratched your itch, why not use your right hand.

Onto something that doesn't reek of a bag of hot steamy dog shit. The bread. How good does this sound. Guinness, bananas, chocolate. I ask you people, what. is. not. to. like. I adapted it from this recipe on a website called Banana Bread Biz. I made minor changes, I used equal parts applesauce for the margarine and I used an egg replacer for the egg, I also opted to not use the nuts, but replaced them with coarsely chopped dark chocolate.

This bread was sweet, savory, dense as all hell, and just got better as it aged. Try it, please.

Rating = So God Damn Good

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She CLEARLY is very comfortable with poo. I would've used my free hand.

This was really yummy, a great twist, and I do agree, got better with age. I used a real egg, and salted light butter more similar to the original. So moist and gooey I almost felt guilty eating it as breakfast. ALMOST.

-Erin

Crystal said...

Yum! Looks delicious and I like your idea of chopped chocolate instead of nuts...now that's my kind of bread!

dinap said...

I had a sad can of Guinness sitting in the fridge that was in no danger of being drunk and 3 sad looking bananas on the counter...this was the perfect use for both! One of the best banana breads I've had in a long time!

JB said...

Dina - I'm so glad that you liked it. It is definitely one of my favorite banana breads to date.