Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies


Work is having a chocolate chip cookie contest today. The rules of the contest is that you need to use regular chocolate chip cookie batter and then one other added ingredient. No more than one other ingredient is allowed, so you can't add nutmeg and cinnamon becuase that would be two ingredients. I am probably the most competitive person you will ever meet, so unlike most people who made one batch of cookies, I made four, with four different additional ingredients. Be prepared for a lot of chocolate chip cookie posts this week. I actually ended up freezing two of the batters after I had made enough for the competition, because 10 dozen cookies is a little overboard.

So, for this particular cookie I used the Nestle Tollhouse cookie recipe and then added bananas that I had cut up and frozen previously. Freezing the bananas made it possible to keep chunks of banana in the cookies, and not just have the banana melt into the batter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now those look good -- I would be happy to take off your hands some of that frozen cookie dough!

wheresmymind said...

Can I stop by and be a guest judge? I am like a block away and always love a good cookay :D

Anonymous said...

Banana and chocolate ... I'm drooling!