Thursday, November 09, 2006

Caramel Apples That I Totally Didn't Make


I didn't make these. I just feel bad about not posting. I've not been cooking this week, for various reasons. I have a lot of stuff to do, at work, at home, at the gym, etc., this bettering yourself shit can really tire you out. I'm sorry for the melancholy post I just feel like a hamster on a wheel, I'm running my ass off and the scenery isn't changing.

It started on Sunday, which was a beautiful fall day, I stayed at my Nana's house the night before, and woke up early and ran in the crisp cold air, it was great I ran down the main street to the center of town, then took a left and ran back with the river on my right, it was great. It really was an amazing morning, I showered, changed, ate breakfast drank coffee, and then headed outside to rake my Nana's yard. I felt like I was 12 years old again, when I used to rake my Nana's lawn and she would give me $10 so I could go downtown and buy myself something. It was when I was in the middle of raking that I got the call from CB.

He was on his way to come and get me when he was hit by a car that ran a red light. The car hit him in the driver’s side and sent him into a spin in the middle of the intersection. He is ok, thank Christ, he is ok.

But it's at moments like this that your perspective changes, that for split seconds you wonder what your life would be like without the one you love, without the face you wake up to every morning and go to bed to every night. It is also at this point that you become so God damn mad that people can be so oblivious, inconsiderate and self centered. That people get behind a wheel in a car and drive it without considering the consequences of their actions, or inactions. It's very simple, you learn it in grade school Green Means Go; Red Means Stop, Motherfucker.

So now, we are faced with buying a new car, not exactly what we were hoping to do six weeks before Christmas, but here we are. I'm so grateful that CB wasn't hurt, that the only thing that we are dealing with right now is the impending insurance claims, trade-ins, and price haggling, it's ok, because CB was not hurt. It's ok.

This is a picture of the caramel apples at the farm stand when Chris and I went pumpkin and gourd picking at the beginning of the month. I always think that caramel apples are a good idea, until you try to eat them. Then you end up with caramel all over your nose and chin, and usually all over your hands. And if you have fillings, you'll most likely have them ripped from your teeth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that CB wasn't hurt :) If only you still had the 'stang...

wheresmymind said...

Hey...when it comes down to it, cars can be replaced...as inconvient as it may be...the car did its job and protected your loved one and that is worth any price :)

wheresmymind said...

Hey...when it comes down to it, cars can be replaced...as inconvient as it may be...the car did its job and protected your loved one and that is worth any price :)

Crystal said...

yeah, my ortho doesn't let me eat caramel apples, but they look awesome. Just 1 more year!

I'm so glad to hear that your CB wasn't hurt - what a shock. My best friend always said "Green Means Go Motherfucker" so I thought it was hilarious that you had mentioned it. I've never heard it from anyone but her.

-Crystal