Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sweet Potato Chips with Parmesan Sprinkles


I had one lonely little sweet potato in the refrigerator on Saturday, and since I was in an experimental mood I decided to see if I could make sweet potato chips out of the potato. I don't have a mandolin, so they didn't come out as good as they would have had they been thinner, but they were still pretty good. I asked for a mandolin for Christmas, so hopefully I'll get it and this recipe will be better next time I make it.

I peeled the potato and cut it into the thinnest pieces I could with just a plane knife, then salt and peppered them and fried them in a shallow pan with olive oil. As soon as I took them out of the oil and placed them on a paper towel I shaved a little parmesan cheese over them so that it melted onto the chips. This was very good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made some last night but I used the old WW oven method. Delicious!

wheresmymind said...

How much oil did you use?

JB said...

I used a small pan and probably used just over a cup of oil.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the combination of Sweet Potatoes and Parmesan.

Anonymous said...

Check out this post on my blog. http://vivaciousvegan.blogspot.com/2006/11/microwaveable-fat-free-potato-chips.html

I made these awesome microwaveable potato chips and I was thinking about making them with a sweet potato. I bet they'd be awesome and so much lower in fat.