Thursday, June 08, 2006

Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers

This recipe was so good. I altered it from a recipe that Emeril had made one night. I first marinated the shrimp and pineapple in a mixture of lemon juice, lime juice, fresh garlic, ginger, and olive oil. I marinated it for about half an hour. While this was marinating I soaked the skewers in water so that they would not burn in the grill pan. After marinating I wrapped the shrimp with proscuitto and skewered alternating between shrimp and pineapple.

This spring sucks ass, it rains almost everyday, I feel like I'm living in Seattle. Usually New England jumps straight from the cold of winter into the suffocating heat of summer with no transition. Not this year, we seem to be stuck in a pattern of rain, rain, and then more friggin rain. Because of the weather I could not grill these outside on the grill, so I grilled them inside on a grill pan. While these were grilling on the pan, I brushed them with more marinade, which really helped them brown up. The shrimp needs a little longer to cook than usual because the insulation from the proscuitto protects it from the grill, so it needs extra time for the heat to permeate the ham and cook the shrimp.


Marinade
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tbs olive oil
pinapple juice to cover all.

No comments: