Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lemony Green Beans | WW 0pts

So, the goal moves forward, this recipe is out of my new Weight Watchers recipe book. A simple tasty side dish for any night. I made these last week, I haven't made anything this week because our boiler shit the sheets this weekend and we've been without heat since Monday. The house has not gotten above 52 degrees and I'm going to work early and staying late just to be in a place that has heat. It is teeth chattering...holy fuck cold in the house and because of this I haven't cooked...my fingers simply don't wield a knife very well when I can't feel them, especially the tips...they might as well have fallen off. The plumber said he would be finished by Friday, great 5 days and $6K later.

Ugh...

Question? What's the cheapest food you can buy? Pasta? I think I remember seeing an article on Boston.com about the sales of pasta on the rise because it's so cheap. Well, look forward to pasta recipes, I'm sure weight watchers won't approve that at all - but, you know what they say about desperate times.

Any-whoo. I really liked this recipe. If you eat meat it would go great with a steak with holandaise sauce, or as a side to pork chops. We had it as a side to monk fish and it was very good.

Lemon Sauteed Green Beans with Parsley | Weight Watchers
Makes 4 (1) cup servings | 0 points

1 tsp olive oil
1 lb green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tbs water

In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Saute the beans until bright green, approx 3 minutes, add the parsley. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and water. Reduce heat, cook, covered 2-3 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring frequently until the beans are crisp, 2-3 minutes.

(JB Note: I added the zest of the lemon to the recipe during the last 2 minutes of cooking)

Rating = Good

2 comments:

Pyewacket said...

Cheap foods -
Vegetables: cabbage, potatoes, carrots.
Fruits - bananas
Meat - pork shoulder, turkey thighs, brisket, chicken livers
Beans, pasta, rice, oatmeal, barley.

Pyewacket said...

Cheap foods -
Vegetables: cabbage, potatoes, carrots.
Fruits - bananas
Meat - pork shoulder, turkey thighs, brisket, chicken livers
Beans, pasta, rice, oatmeal, barley.