Monday, November 23, 2009

Can You Can Can?


So..I've been doing a little canning. Something you may or may not know about me is that when I get stressed, I sometimes get a little obsessive with things in order to take my mind off of whatever is stressing me out. So, through my fathers hospice stay and passing, I canned. To date, this is what I have made

Autumn Glory Compote (Sugar Pumpkin, Pineapple, Golden Raisins)

Jalepeno Gold Jelly (Jalapeno, Red Onion, Red Pepper, Green Pepper)

Kiwi Jam (Kiwi, Lime Juice)

White Wine and Rosemary 

Carrot Cake Jam (Carrot, Pear, Pineapple, Clove, Nutmeg, Cinnamon) OH MY! 

Zucchini Relish

Apricot and Jalapeno Jam (So Damn Good)

Pear and Cranberry (seems to be the crowd favorite)

Apricot and Date Chutney (very very very very good)


Wednesday morning I will also be making Cranberry Chutney for Thanksgiving.

The good thing about all this is my company is having a craft fair next Thursday and I can sell all this stuff. Hopefully people like it and buy it and I can get the seven hundred jars of jelly off of my kitchen counter top.

I'll post the pear and cranberry jelly recipe tomorrow. Its a great fall Jelly, CB had it with peanut butter for his lunch today.

If you are interested in buying any of these as hostess gifts before they go on sale at my company craft fair next week let me know. I assume that I will probably sell out that day.

Peace!

 

1 comment:

AlwaysJoy said...

Me!
Carrot Cake
Autumn glory

Thank you
:-)