Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Pork...the Favorite Food of American Politicians

The Urban Dictionary has some really colorful definitions for the word pork. There are the obvious definitions such as a slang term for having sex, well, who hasn't used that. And then there are these rather interesting versions, the non kosher meat, and my favorite, to describe someone who is fat, as in, Camilla Porker Bowles.

Anyway, hours of time could be wiled away on that website. Go there peruse, have fun.

I have never made pork chops. Again, this is due to the fact that I don't usually eat meat. I don't eat it for a host of various reasons; I'm not a foot stopping PETA activist, I just have my reasons. Anyway, CB eats anything, so when I saw that these were on sale at the market, I knew he would want them. I didn't have a recipe, I just made them, so here goes.

Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops with Orzo and Spinach.
1 egg
1/4 C milk
3/4 C bread crumbs
1/4 C Parmesan cheese
Spinach
1 Cup Orzo Pasta
Olive Oil
Garlic
Butter

Pork Chops
Heat a sauté pan with oil and butter. Combined the egg and the milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl combine the breadcrumbs and the cheese. When the pan is hot, take pork chops one at a time and submerge in the egg mixture, then place in the bread crumb mixture and coat both sides. I did this twice per pork chop to ensure a nice crush on the outside. Place in hot oil/butter mixture and cook each side until golden brown and cooked through the middle.

Spinach
Saute the spinach with a little butter and garlic. That's it.

Orzo
Prepare according to directions. When complete add grated parmesan cheese (as much as desired.)

ENJOY!

No comments: