Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pickled Post

We're back, and it's quite possible we drank our weight in wine on our vacation. I don't think Chris is showing his teeth in this picture because they were starting to turn purple from all the pinot noir that we had ingested that morning, yes you read that right, morning. Some of the vineyards open for tastings at 10:00 am and we were there. This picture was taken at Duck Pond Cellars where we had a tour of the facility, and got to have a futures tasting, of a wine straight out of the barrel. See below.

This was a lot of fun, and Nita our tour guide was a hoot. I don't recommend drinking a lot of the wine straight out of the barrel because, actually, it pretty much sucks.

One of the really cool things that we did on vacation, was stay at a bed and breakfast that was part of a real working farm. The owners let you get as involved with the farm as you want, so I took the opportunity to milk a goat early in the morning. After I milked the goat I got to make fresh goat cheese out of the milk that was collected the day before. Very Cool. Below are picks of me getting to know Jillie (that wasn't her name, but that's what I called her) and then me actually milking her. I could only get her left one to work, absolutely no milk came out of the right one for me.


Check out that milking action!

The trip was great, but I'm glad to be back home and hopefully will start cooking again soon.
CHEERS!



3 comments:

wheresmymind said...

You are so giving me an easy setup for a couple jokes on this post which I will not take! lol

Allison said...

Could you pretty please post the eggplant lasagna recipe of which you spoke? I'd like to make that. I am meated out.

Patricia Scarpin said...

What a nice time you had, darling!
I love the photos!