Thursday, February 02, 2006

So this is it..My blog is Born.

When I was young a had a diary. Every night I recorded my life onto the pages, every insignificant occurance and also some pretty significant ones. I have no idea where those diaries are now, those uber personal enties that I kept from all eyes but my own. Funny, I really don't know where they are or who has access to them.

So here we are. Fourteen years later. History has a funny way of repeating itself doesn't it. Funny though, this time I don't give a shit if anybody reads my personal recordings...I'm a grown woman now; my decisions are my own.

My blog does not have a theme. It will be about everything, cooking, books, movies, city living, not so much about politics though..that's really not my forte. I'm not a very good writer, I'm pretty sure my spelling will be wrong and my grammar appalling at certain times. Go with it. This blog is what it is, and sadly isn't what it isn't.

There are certain blogs out there that just stink of over achievement, this will not be one of them, but I hope if you find yourself here that you stop, read and enjoy. The title of the blog is urban drivel. I named it that because it is my life. I live in Boston, I live like an urbanite, taking multiple forms of public transportation to and from places that I need to go to everyday. I only buy what I can carry home from the market because driving to the supermarket seems like a luxury, I know bus schedules by heart and also the drivers. The drivel part comes from the fact that isn't it all just drivel. Don't you know people who only talk because they like the sound of their own voice. Maybe I'm one of those people.

No comments: