Monday, January 15, 2007

Good Grief there's a lot of Garlic in these Mashed Potatoes


Vampires look out, these mashed potatoes are laced with garlic, actually, laced is far too subtle of a description for these; they are veritably jam packed with garlic. Mmm Mmm, come over here and give me a kiss; what's that you say? my breath smells like someone just ran over a garlic patch with a lawn mower. Seriously, that happened to me once, well, not exactly that. When I was a teenager filled with angst and sure the world and all its inhabitants were against me my mother asked me to mow the lawn for her one afternoon. I obliged, but not realizing that green onions look rather like grass, and when mixed with weeds and growing over their boundaries into the lawn itself, are almost indistinguishable from grass, I mowed over my mother’s whole patch of scallions. The yard, me, the neighbors we all smelled like green onions for days. I don't think she ever asked me to mow the lawn again, I'm pretty sure that she thought I did it on purpose, but I didn’t I just didn't realize that things that looks very similar to grass, were not indeed grass. Yeah, good times.

So, I simply boiled some potatoes with the skin on and when tey were fork tender added the pan sauteed garlic (sauteed in butter) and a little cream and salt and pepper. Yes, these potatoes pack a punch, right in the kisser.

Scale = Damn Good

2 comments:

wheresmymind said...

Lot's of garlic is ok in my book!

Rachael said...

Love the title : )

I've never known what garlic on someone's breath actually smells like, so I can only conclude that I must eat a LOT of garlic myself!