Friday, June 08, 2007

Virtually Fat Free Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bread

I'm sorry if the multiple posts varying the ingredients of this low fat bread are getting boring, but I just love the idea of being able to shove hunks of soft, delicious bread in my mouth and not feeling guilty about it. I still don't think I've perfected a variation yet, but I'm working on it. This bread I think seems to be pretty close to what I was hoping to achieve, it was sweet, not too moist and offered the weight of a fuller fat breakfast bread, without of course all the guilt to weigh you down.

Speaking of things that need to be weighed down, the other day when I was on my run I passed a woman who was running in the opposite direction of me, so towards me. The woman looked as if she had absolutely no bra on. What is the thinking behind this? She was not small chested, she actually had a rather well endowed chest area, I know this because it seemed to wag from side to side like the ass end of a dog when its really really happy. We were on a pretty straight long stretch, so I had a virtual front row seat to her tit show until the blessed moment when we passed each other.

I will never in all my days understand not only how women can run like this and not grab their chest in fits of pain, but also why any woman on God's green earth would want to give gravity a boost. You're tits some day will sag, why God why are you helping them by letting them sway to and fro, burdened by their own weight, why would you not get a bra with some semblance of support to it?

Again, I realize that the above has nothing to do with blueberries, bananas, bread and cooking whatsoever, but I just had to get that off my chest. Ha, chest! Seriously people, I'm very easily amused.

Recipe: Low Fat Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bread Original Recipe
Preheat oven to 325 degrees

1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C quick cooking oats
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 C chunky applesauce
1 ripe banana mashed
3/4 c blueberries (I used frozen so that they were easier to fold into the batter)

1. Mix all dry ingredients together
2. Add applesauce and mashed banana (it will take a while for all the dry ingredients to become moist, just keep mixing it)
3. Fold in blueberries
4. Place in greased bread loaf pan. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes.

Rating = So Damn Good

5 comments:

Nicole said...

i recently saw a very well-endowed woman running in a spaghetti strap top. and she was definitely out for a run and not chasing down a bus. it was like watching a vertical tennis match.

seeing as i'm currently nursing (usually an A cup and now a B or C depending), i wear two sports bras when i run. and even still. jiggle jiggle. eesh.

Patricia Scarpin said...

You are something, my friend. :)

Women are such complicated creatures sometimes - I don't get some things and I don't think I ever will.

I love your fat free/low fat recipes, JB. Keep them coming.

Brenna said...

J- Have you tried this with wheat flour? Can I?

Also, I appreciate that I'm not the only woman to use the word "tits".

JB said...

Brenna - I think it would be great with wheat flour, try it and let me know how it is. J

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, you all are cracking me up. I came here for a recipe and left with a giggle! I'm goin' to bake me some bread right now while I laugh about bouncing boobies. I knew there was a reason I don't jog!